Monday, February 27, 2012

Poured Water!!

It is a strange old Turkish tradition..


Which is if someone is walking or leaving, it is poured behind him just after he walks about 2 meters or so. And the person who pours water should stay at the place he left from. But what is the meaning behind this? You know if you pour water, it meets the floor very fast, so pouring water behind someone leaving means wishing that person go and turn back as fast as that water meets the floor..


i saw this in turkish Series so i thought of searching about it to know more and i knew that it's an old tradition that nobody does it now that means it disappeared..

4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing the info with us =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaaaaaaaah my mother did that All the Time :S , and i remeberd when my grandmather left to Eygpt she did that hhhh


    thank you shaHla (k)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your welcome, i always wanted to try it :p i guess i would like to be a friend of your mum haha (K)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT , BUT I KNOW THAT I WILL HAVE A NICE TIME AND I WILL BE MORE ITERSTING SO I WILL BE FINISH THE ALL WATER IN OUR'S HOME =))

    ReplyDelete